Activities of the Supervisory Board in 2019
From 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019, the Supervisory Board held 23 meetings (including six in-person meetings).
Six meetings of the Supervisory Board were held prior to and 17 meetings after the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on 25 April 2019.
|Full name||Number of meetings attended||% of meetings attended|
|Anatoly BRAVERMAN (member of the Supervisory Board until 25 April 2019)||6||100|
|Anatoly KARACHINSKY (member of the Supervisory Board until 25 April 2019)||6||100|
|Duncan PATERSON (member of the Supervisory Board until 25 April 2019)||6||100|
|Ilya BAKHTURIN (member of the Supervisory Board since 25 April 2019)||14||82|
|Paul A. BODART (member of the Supervisory Board since 25 April 2019)||15||88|
|Dmitry EREMEEV (member of the Supervisory Board since 25 April 2019)||17||100|
Many issues on the agenda of Supervisory Board meetings are considered ahead of time by the relevant committees to allow for a more detailed discussion and to give voting recommendations to the Supervisory Board.
In 2019, the Supervisory Board considered issues relating to the performance of its main functions, including:
- approval of the strategy of the Group and new version of the Dividend Policy;
- resolution on participation of Moscow Exchange in the Financial Technology Development Association
- election of Yury Denisov to the post of the Chairman of the Executive Board of Moscow Exchange;
- preparation of recommendations to shareholders with regard to the membership of the Exchange’s Supervisory Board for election at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders;
business development issues:
- review of fees on the Equity and Bond Market, deposit market and Derivatives Market; trading fees on the FX Market, and listing fees; approval of Regulations on Fees for Participation in Trading on the Equity and Bond Market and Deposit Market;
key documents of Moscow Exchange:
- Rules of the organized trading on the Exchange’s markets, Listing Rules;
- Rules of admission to organized trading on all markets;
risk management issues:
- approval of the Operational Risk Management Policy;
- approval of the rules on management of risks related to trading organizer activities, and Compliance Risk Management Principles;
- approval of the method for defining benchmark indices of risk appetite;
- approval of the list of measures aimed at prevention of conflicts of interest at carrying out activities on stock trading.